Be Your OWN Personal Fitness Trainer
Arkansas State University - State University, AR
Do you wonder around the gym afraid to get on the machines? Are you confused about what machines to try? Are you unwilling to pay outrageous amounts for personal trainers that act like they don’t care? Want to make a fresh start and healthier decisions? It’s easy to get confused about the right path to becoming healthier. Do something good for yourself and join this class! Understand how your metabolism works and how to boost it, learn how fitness and nutrition work hand and hand, and learn how to develop your own workouts using techniques that work FOR YOU! In addition to this, participants will receive a meal guide to make healthier choices. This class will explain fitness fundamentals, in a more simplified manner, and review various machines found at a normal gym and how to use them. Don’t want to go to a gym? No problem, we will also review body weight exercises that are effective and do not require any equipment at all. It’s a new year, and it’s time to do something healthy for you.
Instructor: Bobby and Valerie Long
Dates: 3 Thursdays, February 28, March 7 & 14
Location: Eugene Smith Building, Room 205
Bobby Long is certified as a personal trainer by the International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) and holds B.S. in Business from ASU. Valerie Long is employed by the ASU College of Nursing and Health Professions. She has a AAS in Radiologic Technology, a BS in Radiologic Sciences and a Master's degree in Vocational-Technical Administration.
State University, AR 72467
- CDI Head Start 2200 E. Matthews, Jonesboro, AR
- Convocation Center | Arkansas State University 217 Olympic Drive, Jonesboro, AR
- Jonesboro, Ar - Arkansas State Convocation Center 217 Olympic Drive, Jonesboro, AR
- The Edge Coffee House 1900 Aggie Road, Jonesboro, AR
- Arkansas State University at Jonesboro 2713 Pawnee St., Jonesboro, AR
- ASU Student Union Auditiorium 101 N. Caraway Road, Jonesboro, AR